The uncanny resemblance between the Barcelona Cathedral and Mumbai's C.S.M.T. Station (erstwhile Victoria Terminus)

In December 2019, a friend travelling to Spain shared a photograph of the Barcelona Cathedral on Instagram. Seconds after coming across this picture, I was trying to convince myself that no, this photo is definitely not from anywhere near Mumbai. You'll have to see the picture to understand why.

Photograph of the interiors of Barcelona Cathedral, Spain.
Barcelona Cathedral

Photo of booking hall of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (V.T. Station) in Mumbai
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (V.T. Station)

I went back to check this photograph of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (earlier known as the Bombay Victoria Terminus), and I couldn't believe my eyes. The interiors, of what is the booking hall of the railway station, looked exactly like that of the Barcelona Cathedral. 

I'm assuming that you've seen the pictures by now and yourself are in a fix. I can understand. Took me a while too. And if you want to see more such interesting pictures from Bombay - Head Here.  

If you'd like to share this on twitter, click here to see the thread. 

Comments